The Benefits of Working with the Hive
HIGH QUALITY MENTOR
Our volunteer mentors are supported by our own in-house experts and professional development to provide the best support possible.
BUILD YOUR NETWORK
Attend workshops, meet other young entrepreneurs and gain peer advice. A start-up community is growing near you - join today!
Check out our interactive courses on how to make the most of your mentoring relationship.
Benefits of Business Mentoring
The Hive’s industry-leading mentoring offers expertise, resources and skill-building opportunities to take you and your business to the next level.
6 months of mentoring can help you:
Gain insight and perspective by having someone to bounce your ideas off of.
Focus on and strategically work towards your business vision.
Shorten your learning curve.
Identify opportunities and risks by learning from someone experienced.
Grow your own business network and enhance your business acumen.
Build confidence knowing you have someone in your corner
When and Where Applications are Accepted
The Hive generally accepts applications on a monthly basis across various regions in West Virginia, subject to mentor availability. Due to the popularity of our Mentoring program, we are currently at capacity and working to process our list of applicants. Please apply now to get on the waiting list, and visit the site regularly, as we will soon re-open for new applicants.
If you’ve missed the application window for your region,
stay informed on when they’ll be open again here.
Applying and What to Expect
You’ve read everything above, you’re interested and you may be eligible. It’s only fair to set your expectations to make sure we are the best fit for you and your business needs.
- You’ve taken our crash courses and understand our eligibility requirements.
- You’re going to determine time and possibly equity for your Mentor.
- You’re going to tell us everything about you and your business so we can find you the right mentor match.
- We’ll schedule a 15-minute telephone interview with you to ensure you’re the right fit for this program.
- We’ll match you with a mentor and together you’ll complete the orientation (Mentor/Protege).
- You’ll continue meeting with your mentor and attending networking events.
The Hive is eager to support aspiring young business owners from all over West Virginia. To determine if we’re the best fit for you, take a look at our basic terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions of our mentoring offering.
- You are an entrepreneur working:
- Full-time on your business between 0 and 12 months OR
- Part-time on your business between 0 and 24 months
- A permanent resident of West Virginia
- Willing to work approximately 5 to 10 hours a month with a mentor for a period of six months
- Willing to submit regular progress reports using our Incutrack system
- Able to articulate specific goals for working with a mentor
- Willing to pay $25 non-refundable administration fee
- Willing to complete Ment2B orientation with mentor