Members of the media are invited to join the New River Gorge Regional Development Authority (NRGRDA) and WVU College of Business and Economics to discuss the forecasted economic climate in the New River Gorge Region and hear from economic development professionals and NRGRDA partners regarding the forward-moving work in the New River Gorge Region.
The New River Gorge Regional Development Authority and the
WVU College of Business and Economics
invite you to attend the
New River Gorge Regional Economic Outlook Summit
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022 — 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Historic Black Knight Country Club
2400 S. Kanawha Street, Beckley, WV 25801
8:30 – 9:00 — Registration and Breakfast
9:00 – 9:10 — Opening Remarks
- Mayor Rob Rappold – City of Beckley
- Jina Belcher, Executive Director – NRGRDA
9:10 – 9:55 — Regional Economic Analysis and Outlook
- Dr. John Deskins, Director, WVU Bureau of Business & Economic Research
9:55 – 10:10 — BREAK
10:10 – 11:00 – Strategic Programming Overview
- Jina Belcher, Executive Director, NRGRDA
- Quality of Place – Andrew Davis, Director of Strategic Redevelopment – NRGRDA
Active SWV Workplace Wellness Presentation
- Melanie Seiler – Executive Director, Active Southern West Virginia
WV Hive Network Presentation
- Judy Moore – Deputy Director, NRGRDA
Country Roads Angel Network Presentation
- Peyton Ballard – Managing Director, Country Roads Angel Network
11:00 – 11:15 — BREAK
11:15 – 11:50 — Regional, Statewide, Multi-State Initiatives
- PATTERN – Jenna Grayson, Director, Business Retention and Expansion – NRGRDA
- EPA TC TAC – Allison Smith, Grants and Impact Manager – NRGRDA
- ACT Now – Judy Moore, Deputy Director – NRGRDA
- Outdoor RIVERS – Danny Twilley, West Virginia University Outdoor Economic Development Collaborative
If you would like a pre-event interview, please let us know.
Allison Smith of NRGRDA will be the media’s primary on-site contact at the summit. She can be reached at email ([email protected]) or at phone (304-254-8115).