Title: Business Capacity Services Team Member
Role:PATTERN (Planning and Accelerating Textile Technology and Entrepreneurship Regional Network) Coordinator
Type of Employment: Part-time EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Without Benefits
Supervisor: NRGRDA (New River Gorge Regional Development Authority) Deputy Director
Team member will work with the New River Gorge Regional Development Authority (NRGRDA) Executive Leadership, along with the WV Hive and NRGRDA departments to perform high-level professional work related to the development and implementation of the PATTERN textile innovation space. We are seeking a passionate and driven individual to join our team as a PATTERN Coordinator.
The NRGRDA is dedicated to advancing the textile industry through its groundbreaking PATTERN textile innovation space and is committed to fostering collaboration, innovation, and sustainability within the textile sector.
Team member is responsible for conducting community needs assessments, facilitating collaboration within the industry, and expanding our network to drive advanced manufacturing opportunities.
1. Program Coordination
a) Identify and engage local industry partners and resources – work with NRGRDA leadership and The Industrial Commons to identify industry partners and resources.
· Create and distribute a questionnaire to identify existing industry and the services they offer.
· Plan and facilitate at least two industry roundtables to network and share the PATTERN initiative.
· Develop a procedure for tracking and analyzing collected information.
b) Identify opportunities to support entrepreneurs and existing businesses – Utilizing knowledge provided by training, conferences, and regular meetings with The Industrial Commons, the Coordinator will compile data on industry needs.
c) Attend industry training opportunities, conferences, and meet with existing textile organizations.
· Develop a sustainable system to collect data on industry needs.
· Create and conduct follow-up surveys and compile participation and survey data.
d) Support in development of education programming – Coordinator will support expansion of the education system to develop resources for workforce needs.
· Work with state and regional partners to identify workforce opportunities.
· Collaborate with workforce partners to identify industrial sewing educators and education programs.
· Support logistics and implementation for an industrial sewing certification program
e) Support in identifying advanced manufacturing opportunities and developing the partnerships and resources needed to advance them.
· Work with the WVU Tech LaunchLab to support student involvement in PATTERN.
· Attend WVU Tech and other University events to advertise the work and mission of PATTERN.
· Identify and record opportunities for advanced textile manufacturing projects.
2. Program Marketing
a) Develop engaging social media content and establish a relationship with contracted media company for continued content posting.
· Develop and implement a social media calendar for promotion of PATTERN events and offerings.
3. Impact tracking
a) Develop and prepare reports and metrics for measuring success of PATTERN.
b) Work alongside NRGRDA staff to prepare and compile components of grant submissions.
4. Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and on project basis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Textile Engineering, Innovation Management).
- Minimum of two years work experience.
- Proven experience in project management, community engagement, or textile industry-related roles.
- Proficiency in tools such as Microsoft Office, Canva, Eventbrite, and DoodlePoll.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect and analyze information effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with effective organizational and planning abilities.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to build positive partnerships and relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude, strong listening skills, and commitment to equitable growth.
- Passion for innovation and sustainability within the textile industry.
- Adherence to NRGRDA’s five core values.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for regional travel.
Office space provided at the WV Hive location in Beckley, WV. You will regularly attend meetings in the Attar Building as well as travel to stakeholder and client locations, project meetings, and training and events.
Must be able to complete all physical demands of the job, which may include, but not be limited to sitting or standing for extended periods, operating a motor vehicle, performing routine tasks, carrying supplies, and reading normal typewritten print. Must have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and have manual dexterity within normal range of motion of all extremities. Must be able to provide written and verbal communication. He/she must be able to work alone without direct supervision. Employee must have the ability to deal with abrupt schedule changes and to maintain professionalism in coping with the stress of working with clients and businesses.
Compensation and Benefits:
Part-time (24 hours per week), contract position.
Compensation: $31,200 based on experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 24 per week
- Professional: 2 years (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Beckley, WV 25801: Relocate before starting work (Required)